Jake had a few days off of work. The kids were also out of school so we decided it was a good time to travel South to visit family. Jake ended up getting one more day than we had planned for so we got to visit for just over a week.
I sadly forgot my camera but we had our IPad so I used it to take some pictures. It doesn't take very good pictures but, at least I have some of all the fun adventures we had.
I love going to my parents house. They have an indoor solarium so even in the middle of winter there is a tree laden with big juicy lemons:
After a few days we traveled further south to spend time with Jake's mom and dad:
We got to spend a day playing at a local children's museum. This place is amazing. You could spend all day here and not scratch the surface of all the fun to be had. And the best part was how inexpensive it was. I would be here all the time if we had something similar close to home:
| Alexander flying an airplane |
I loved watching even Jake get lost in playing:
A Road Might Lead to Anywhere:
To harbor towns and quays,
Or to a witches pointed house.
Hidden by bristly trees.
It might lead past the tailor's door,
Where he sews with needle and thread.
Or by Miss Pim the milliner's.
With hats for every head.
It might be a road to a great dark cave.
With treasure and gold piled high,
Or a road with mountain tied to its ends,
Blue humped against the sky
Oh, a right might lead to anywhere --
To Mexico or Maine.
But then, It might just fool you, and --
Lead you back home again!
by Rachel Field
I love that we live close enough we can visit often. I also love technology that we have instant access to chat face-to-face across the distance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment