Saturday, May 31, 2014

One Day

I wonder sometimes if I will ever get back into serious blogging and journal writing. I used to be so good but for some reason 4 kids really wears me out and record keeping falls by the wayside. So, I will trudge along and do the best I can whenever I can.
I need to finish up with all my April pictures! Quick, June is fast approaching and I refuse to be 2 months behind!
We'll start with the random cellphone pictures:
This girl looks a lot like Jake's sister Raygan, especially the eye color:

 and this girl looks a lot like Jake's sister Hailey:
There's an archery range close by so Jake and I have been getting out at least once a week for date night. I got to try out a compound bow and I really liked it. Mostly I just watch Jake have all the fun. But, I enjoyed just being out of the house away from 3 of the kids. Our babysitters are a 13 and 11 year old brother and sister so I don't feel like they can handle 4 kids, especially a newborn.
I found a photographer who had prices I could afford. I drug us all out to get some family pictures taken:
Jake hates having his picture taken and especially dislikes family pictures. He wants everything to be perfect and quick. He gets tired of yelling at the kids to look at the camera, put your hands down, sit here, do this, do that. He was grumpy before we even started. I paid for a 45 min. session and we maybe lasted 30 at the most.
Once I saw the pictures I was glad I didn't pay much for the photographer. She picked a bad time of day. It was too bright and all the pictures look washed out or we're squinting because of the sun.
I'm sure it didn't help that Jake walked into the gardens and said, 'let's just sit here, take our picture. Okay, we good?'
 I love this picture. It captures the boys personalities to a 'T'
 it's not often you can capture a genuine smile on Kaleb:
After 10 1/2 years, 4 kids, and several moves through 4 states we are still very much in love:
 Breahna seems to always have her tongue out when she's outside, especially if it's windy.
"Go give mom a hug" - so they decided to tackle me instead:

Now to change the subject. Evelyn is not a ploppy baby. She loves to be sitting or standing. Whenever we lay her bak in a chair or our lap she'll use all her strength to try and sit up:
She sure is a happy baby. Too bad she's going into a sleep regression and is now up at least 4-6 times a night rather than her usually of 1 or 2.

0 Comments: