Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Showers

Not much going on around here. But there is a lot of picture taking. Mostly trying to capture the laughter and glee of Evelyn:
We all love that the weather is warming up. It has been a welcome change to get outdoors and spend as much of the day as possible out there.
 Jut hanging out, taking one day at a time.
Everyone loves Evelyn and fight over who gets to hold her:
 Recently Breahna has started babying all the dolls and stuffed animals in the house. I had to give her a box of dry cloth 'wipes' so she could wipe bums all day, everything is; "stinky, stinky"
 Jake surprised me with two days of spa pampering. The first day I got a manicure, pedicure and my eyelashes tinted. I went back a week later for hair coloring and cut and styling:
(wish I had taken a before and after picture! I cut off at least 8-10 inches!)
it always looks so nice when I leave the salon. They spend lots of time carefully explaining how to style my hair ... then I try to do it myself and it usually ends up a disaster:
For the first time in my life I spent over $5 on shampoo and conditioner. I bought some at the salon and had a bill for over $60! Now that my hair is so short I don't use much so it's going to last a long time.
Kaleb got this stick-on mustache in an Easter egg at school. Alexander tried it on, then added sunglasses. All I could think about was a quote from a favorite movie, 'Bandits'
“You really think you’re gonna fool anybody in that getup? I mean, you look like Neil Young from that…what was that album? ‘After the Horses’ or…”
“It was ‘After the Gold Rush’, and that’s not the one. It’s the one where he’s leaning against a tree in the snow, or whatever. That’s what I was actually going for.”
A while later when he tried to take it off we were all laughing. His eyes were welling up with tears as he gingerly picked it off. Does it hurt? Noooo - yet his whole upper lip was bright red.

Kaleb's kindergarten class has several stuffed animals that take turns going home with the kids. They come in their own backpack with books, toys and games. The stuffed animal spends the night (or weekend) The kids write in a journal about all the things they did together before taking, in this case, Tiggy Tiger back to school the next day. Kaleb loves bringing these friends home. He is doing so good in school. I'm so proud of him and all his hard work. We still have a lot of work when it comes to handwriting, social, and doing what he's supposed to even if he doesn't want to. He is such a happier kid now and learning so much.
life with 4 kids is a crazy bushel of fun. I feel so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom to such amazing and wonderful kids

0 Comments: