Saturday, February 22, 2014

1 More Makes 4

I didn't even stay in the hospital 24 hours. Close but I got out of there a few hours early. I was eager to get home to my own space and for the kids to meet Evelyn. The hospital is on a visitor lock-down and won't allow anyone under 18 to visit. I know it's to prevent illness but it seems silly to me. If an adult is at the hospital with the same germs as their kids, what's the difference?
Jake came to pick me up after he was done with class and we made a run for it :-)

This is a brief snippet of the kids meeting their sister:
MVI_1828 a video by longstocking83 on Flickr.
Breahna was super excited and kept squealing, "baby"
Hard to believe we have 4 kids now!
All the kids have adjusted well and are very loving and helpful toward Evelyn.
I tried to get a picture of all the kids and it quickly turned in to this:
It was Kaleb's turn to bring a show-and-tell to school. He asked if he could bring Evelyn. He settled for a picture of him holding Evelyn:
Alexander and Breahna weren't quite as excited with the picture taking:
and suddenly, one more makes 4 ... and we are really outnumber:

my mom's sister and her husband are going back out on their mission to England. My aunt, uncle and grandma came for the farewell and stopped by to meet Evelyn:
4 generations of love:
what amazing women. They have truly been an inspiration and example in all I've accomplished in life. Evelyn, you have quite the legacy and footsteps to follow in:
Then I tried to get a picture with all four kids ... it didn't go so well:

I was sad my mom had to get back to her own life and all that was going on there. We are so grateful for her help. The kids keep asking me when she can come back.
Now we jump in to life with 4 kids. One day at a time we'll manage. It's going to be crazy fun!

0 Comments: