Thursday, January 16, 2014

Looking Forward to 2014

Another year has begun. I look forward with anticipation to this new year. There should be lots of exciting changes in our family.
The new year always starts with the first birthday in our family, mine. I woke up to a gift from Jake ... he's really good at picking out my shoes. On a random side note, he hid these in a fridge outside in our garage! Brrr, they were cold.
 It was an uneventful day. We were all feeling a little under the weather and not in the mood to do much of anything.
I got fajitas for dinner. Jake didn't get around to making a cake so we all went to the bakery and picked out a half round mint chip cake.
 We all enjoyed the yumminess

We pressed forward into January. Everyone got back into their regular school schedule. Jake only has two more semesters! We are excited to be in the senior year phase, although it's going to be a busy 6 months.
This is why you can't nap on the couch when kids are awake:
 Breahna is old enough for church nursery. She didn't get to go the first Sunday since she had a cold. But she got to wear her new Christmas dress (thank you again grandma Scofield!)
She is 23 pounds and 32 inches and was named very well. Breahna means, strong one. She certainly is opinionated, likes to do things herself and for sure doesn't like to be told no.
Mom, take our picture too!

I had a fun opportunity help Alexander prepare for being Super Star at his preschool. He picked out pictures and we put together a poster that highlighted him.
 He also wanted to read his favorite book to his class:
 I got to go to school with Alexander as he shared who he was. It was awesome watching Alexander light up as he talked about himself. He was a great storyteller when he "read" his book. He put a lot of life into his book.
Alexander was born in California
He has 1 older brother and 1 younger sister
His favorite food is a Nutella Sandwich.  He likes Star Wars, Transformers, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. His favorite color is blue.
Then his friends asked him questions:
Favorite movie? Star Wars with Count Duku in it
Favorite game? Star Wars
Favorite Toy? Light Saber
hahaha - apparently this kid really liked Star Wars.
When a third kid asked his favorite movie he grumbled, I already told you, you're driving me crazy. But then said he also liked Transformers.
He was also asked several times what his favorite toy was. He said, big dinosaurs and then big trucks. Then the kids each gave Alexander a compliment. It was time for breakfast afterward. This day was yogurt, granola, strawberry syrup and milk.
I love how independent the expect the kids to be.. They set the table, serve themselves, clear their place, etc.
Alexander eats breakfast and lunch while at school. I have seen a huge improvement in his eating habits since eating at school. He's still picky but he'll at least usually try a bite or two of whatever we give him.
They also brush their teeth after each meal.
I love having Alexander in our family. He is usually such a happy kid. He is also funny and keeps us laughing. He doesn't like anyone to be sad. If someone else gets yelled at or in trouble, he'll start crying. He loves to give hugs. He's usually the first one to greet whoever wake up. He'll give them a big hug, "good morning Breahna! I'm so glad to see you!" He also eagerly greets whoever comes home. Often throughout the day he'll randomly throw his arms around me or Jake, "I love you!" We sure love you Alexander. I love how excited he is whenever someone comes home or pick him up at school. He comes running with his arms open wide, "you're back! I'm so glad you came back!" Wow, what a greeting. He's usually enthusiastic to start each day, especially to go to school. I am so blessed to be his mom! I am beyond blessed to spend my days as a full-time stay at home mom to such amazing kids. I truly have the best job in the world.
And I'm excited to soon have 4 kids to lighten my days with their sunshine and spirits
marching forth into another adventurous year!

0 Comments: