Sunday, October 6, 2013

Life Gets Busy

Just came across this random picture on the camera - it made me smile.
Our super hero. I'm so grateful for Jake and all his hard work. Did I mention ... he got a job! whoot! whoot! Now he is extra super busy this semester.

I hit 20 weeks pregnancy ... can't believe how fast the half-way mark came and went!
(I was all dressed up for a date night with a really hot guy)

Breahna has a lot of hair. We have to pull it back before she can eat anything. It hangs right in her face and drives me crazy. Sometimes I grab the closest thing I can find to get her hair out of her face ... mouse ears, a must for breakfast eating:
with this crazy hair I try to figure out how to pull it out of her face. I can barely do cool things with my own hair. A wiggly toddler is almost impossible! She has really thick but straight fine hair ... like mine. If I want to do anything beside a ponytail I have to get it wet first.
Here was some before church experimenting ... it lasted maybe 5 minutes before her hair dried and it all fell out.
She is our little monkey and is climbing all over everything. She quickly figured out how to climb the bunk bed ladder and was so proud of herself. I wasn't too happy.
Now it's part of morning routine ... put the ladder up on the bed.
Alexander finally got his turn for school. I was having a hard time finding a preschool for him that we could afford and that had openings. I thought he would have to go without this year. We were all sad he would miss out. It was hard for him watching his brother go to school every afternoon. Then, a letter came in the mail ... Headstart had an opening and wanted him to start the very next week on a Monday. Alexander gleefully dug his backpack out from under our bed (where I store our luggage). He begged me to sew his name across the back:
First day of preschool ... for the 3rd time
I hear all the time, regarding the boys; "are they twins? Wow, they look exactly alike!" I usually just give a polite chuckle and tell people they are twins 1 year apart. I don't think they look that much alike! Then I look at some pictures and I have to do a double take ... which kid is this?
so ecstatic to be headed to school!
annoyingly; Alexander goes Mon-Thurs 8-11:30am and Kaleb is Mon-Fri 11:45-2:30. Why is preschool longer than kindergarten? Thankfully our across the street friends have two girls in the same class as Alexander. She takes the kids in the morning and I pick them up when they are done. Then I just have to drop Kaleb off at his school, and the bus brings him home.

Jake and I got a babysitter and he was able to come to one of my doctor appointments. We were able to have an ultrasound. It not only told us this baby is growing right on track, has all the parts in the right places, has a strong heartbeat, but, baby #4 is a...
This is what I made and sent out to our family and close friends.
A week later, I posted this picture online for everyone else:

It's more than a bowl of soup...

forget raw eggs! A brownie batter covered beater never made a girl happier:
A mom lets you lick the beaters, a good mom turns them off first :-)
cream cheese, caramel brownies. Made for a funeral, I signed up to bring a dessert for the family luncheon. I may have sent this pan with a large chunk missing:

Life goes on, one crazy day at a time. We're just trying to hang on and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments: