Friday, October 25, 2013

Falling in Love With October

We keep ourselves pretty busy with school and all the going-ons. Here's a few pictures I snagged on my cell phone.
I made a blanket for a friend. My first try working with knit fabric. It's pretty wavy and sad looking but I still gave it as a gift:
I have to show a close-up of the fabric. Everyone at the baby shower asked if it was PacMan. I hadn't even connected that when I bought the fabric. It's just some Ooga Booga aliens:

I've been working on the boys Halloween costumes. Kaleb is going to dress up as a train conductor. I made him a hat and bought some overalls. Both boys were excited to try on the costume:
I took the boys to Kaleb's school carnival. There was lots of fun games and prizes to win. There was also some ladies painting faces. I was surprised Kaleb was the excited one and eagerly asked if he could get a spider painted.
We went on to another activity and Alexander decided he really did want his face painted and we needed to go back. He wanted just a spiderweb ... no spider in the web. He's fascinated by Spider Man and he's never even seen a Spider Man show.
The weather hasn't been more perfect. Beautiful, perfect fall weather. We've taken the kite out a few times for some windy day flying.
We've been spending as much time outside as we can. This kid carried a stick all the way to the grocery store, and around the store, showing everyone. On the way home he found a tree instead and carried that all the way home. It was fun watching him running with glee as he dragged this tree branch behind him.
After much begging and pleading for several weeks we finally took the boys to pick out some pumpkins. The easiest place to go was the local grocery store. They have a large selection though so it was fun for all of us to pick out our perfect pumpkins. We went home with 75 lbs of pumpkins!
We've had to start wearing leggings with our skirts ... the debate, are stripes and polka dots okay? I really need to get this girl some solid colored tights and leggings.
I raked up a big pile of leaves so we could jump and play. Breahna was not a fan, at all. She doesn't like ball pits either.
Just enjoying this beautiful fall season and hope it sticks around for as long as possible. I am not ready for winter to come!

0 Comments: