Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ob-la-di ob-la-da ...

... Life Goes On ...

I am seriously slacking with updating this blog. I have so many pictures to show off I haven't gotten around to it. That, and we've been sick one week after another. Now it's mine and Brahna's turn - ugh. For as miserable as I am I feel so sad watching this little baby coughing so hard it hurts her. We have tried warm bath, humidifier, vapor rub on chest and feet. She is still so stuffed up with a terrible cough. I am extremely grateful for Jake. He has really been taking care of everything this week. I have now had breakfast in bed two days in a row! I was supposed to stay in bed all day yesterday but Alexander's birthday party is on Saturday and I really needed to get cake made for it ... I do have 8 layers to bake, you'll have to wait for pictures to see this one! Our neighbors are out of town so I helped myself to their kitchen, using their oven to bake some of the cake. I think I still need to bake two more layers today, it's not quite tall enough.
Hard to believe our baby girl is 2 months old already! So far she has been our easiest baby. She's a content happy baby most of the time. She goes to sleep so easy. Lay her on her stomach, put a pacifier in her mouth, throw a blanket over her and she's out. Whether for naps or bed time it works like a charm. She's starting to go 3 hours between feedings at night which makes me very happy. I was having too much fun taking pictures of her while on an outing at the park. Here's a few of my favorites (yes, this was narrowed down from all the ones I took!)

This picture makes me laugh. She looks like she's going to punch you or something. And see that hairbow? She has gotten into the grabbing phase. Just discovering that she can grab, pull, and hold things. Watch your hair, and other body parts - yowch!
And this is what the boys were doing - playing in the water. We love having this fabulous splash park only a short block away from our apartment. It occupies several hours of fun.
Now that summe is almost over Alexander is starting to get braver and going down the two slides. Kaleb still just sits at the bottom and cheers on everyone else having fun. He gets such a kick out of watching everyone else.
Breahna thought it was too cold. Maybe next summer baby girl.

We tried several different nights but eventually we did make it to the drive-in theater. I took out the back seat and packed the kids all together:
The boys loved having endless rocks to throw:
The movies being shown this night was Bourne Legacy and The Dark Knight Rises. Not really kid fun or appropriate. I brought my laptop and the boys each got to pick a movie. They stayed awake until at least midnight - I was surprised.
We sat outside with a portable radio so we could shut up the truck and let the kids sleep. We didn't think it would get so cold. We were freezing.

More Breahna fun... she has been a strong little girl since day one. She loves to stand up and can do so just by holding on to something on her own. She already rolls over and propels herself around a room quite easily, just by using her feet to push herself where she wants to go. I thought babies were supposed to stay where you put them!


There are other kids in this family :-)
Alexander loves music. First thing he says when we get in the car "susic!" Then he sits in the back leading the music. He's quite good too! Wherever there's music Alexander can be found dancing and leading the beat.

Random bits of info:
I had to get new glasses. Mine broke the day Breahna was born. I was finally able to stop at Costco while in Utah. I'm not so sure I love them. They are for sure too big and need to be fitted better to my face. They fall off when I look down or bed over.
Alexander was outside and I told him he needed to get shoes on. I went out to see that he had indeed put shoes on - silly kid!
Oh life with a 3 year old is always an adventure

As you may have noticed, there aren't any picture of Kaleb. The 4 year old avoids the camera. I do love him just as much.
...life is a fun crazy adventure

1 Comments:

Jessica said...

Always love seeing these cute pictures. I am so sorry you have been sick! Call me! We're not afraid of colds and I'd love to be able to help you guys out since you've been so helpful to us. P.S. You should put a pic up of your incredible quilts- you know real quilts and not silly little things like my wanna be quilt blanket! ha ha