Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May

 I'm finally getting around to blogging about May. I haven't had any pictures or stories to tell.
Jake was Mr. Mom for two weeks while I was hanging out with my sisters 3 kids. I was able to drive home in our "new" car. Thank you dad for all your tireless work helping us acquire a car for our growing family. Now we'll try to sell our too small car and transfer over to the Suburban. Jake had to fold in the mirrors and there's only an inch on all sides but he made it fit in the garage. I have a feeling it won't be parked in there much until the snow start falling. Then I might just have Jake park it every time - he he he
Earlier May we celebrated Jake's birthday. The day after was also my niece Sadie's birthday. She got cupcakes and was included in the celebration.
Jake was very excited about his Mississippi Mud Pie (good thing my sister brought cupcakes for Sadie or there wouldn't have been enough dessert to go around!)

niece Penelope (aka Penny, aka Peanut)
two of my sisters; Michelle and Emily
 It was a really good day with the family; I blogged in more details about it earlier. A few days later Jake dropped me off at my sisters house and went home. It was a little sad and weird not being home for Mother's Day, or just in general for a whole month...two weeks without my boys. I sure missed them. It brought tears to my eyes when I was finally home, soon as I opened the door the boys came squealing with ear splitting grins. I just wanted to hold them and not let go. It's weird how much can change in just two weeks. I think we're all going to stay home for awhile.
I had time while at my sisters to finish this quilt for a neighbor and friend. The Woodruff's just had their 4th girl, I thought she needed something special that she didn't have to share. I did pretty much all of this on the machine except I was having a hard time with the heart border. I hand quilted that while I was at my sisters.
 I also gave them supplies for family pizza night. Gave them enough for two pizzas; homemade dough, pepperoni, cheese and a jar of sauce.

Yesterday for Memorial Day we found a last minute place close by. It's a nice little trail hike but we just  took the boys down to the Snake river instead. They were in rock heaven. All the big rocks they could ever want. It was pretty tame and shallow where we were so I think next time we'll come back on purpose with lunch, sunscreen, and shoes made for water splashing. Thankfully we had hoodies in the car so we didn't get sunburned.
39 Weeks!

Later that evening we taught the boys how to play Uno. They loved it. It will be awhile before they can play by themselves but for now it worked great to play as teams. It was a lot of fun. They keep bugging us asking when we are going to play again.

Look what Jake's mom made for Breahna! Isn't it gorgeous? I love the colors, design, back, quilting. Everything is so amazing! I can't wait to wrap her up in all this love. Thank you mom!

Now it's time to get back to our daily routine. I need to start planning meals again. Lots of errands, house cleaning and sitting around waiting for this baby to decided to join our family ... come on already I want to meet you! Jake got the swing and moses basket set up while I was gone. I also came home with a huge tote of baby clothes from my sister. Despite all this it seems surreal we're going to have 3 kids (hopefully sooner than later). I have never been a very patient person but these last few weeks are almost pure torture.

0 Comments: