Welcome to Utah. The place of bi-polar weather.
Kaleb woke up one morning, looked out the window and said "yuck! cold! brrr"
Very little time passed before the hot sun came out and warmed us all up. All this snow was gone by the afternoon.Sunday we enjoyed a family dinner. The boys were fascinated with their newest cousin. She is pretty amazing and adorable!
Kaleb stares at her whispering "baby, baby, baby"
Great-grandpa and Xander
Sister-in-law (not her baby)Monday night we went to a pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins.

We went to our first party later in the week.
I dug a costume out of the box. Grandma bought costumes for the boys. I am uncreative (or, I just have no energy) and went for store bought.
I'm pretty sure Kaleb is actually a dragon but he was determined it was a dinosaur.
There were lots of games to play. Grandpa taught Kaleb how to fish
My beautiful sister-in-lawFriday we stopped at another sister-in-law's work place, I didn't even get pictures :-( We went cubicle trick-or-treating. The boys went away very hyper with a heavy bag of candy.
We went to my parents house for more parties.I looked out the backyard window and found Kaleb drinking from a bird bath. It was full of dirt, rocks, and leaves. Yuck! He was slurping and saying "aaaah" Pretty soon he started bobbing for the rocks...
Another church party with my family.We danced to music...
Kaleb really enjoyed the music. He started with a hiney shake, then really got in the groove, feelin' the music. I have a feeling Kaleb will be very musically talented when he is older. He loves music, especially singing.
...and ate lots more candyIt was raining pretty good so we went trick-or-treating at the mall. We got there a little late. Most of the stores were out of candy. We didn't need any anyway. There were so many people in the mall. It was fascinating seeing everyone in their costumes. Lots of good ideas for next year...if I remember them.
My mom, Kaleb, and a sisterOne of the toy stores had a train set up. Kaleb was enthralled. He stood and watched it for quite a while.
Sunday night we went to my sisters for dinner, I forgot to pull out my camera :-( It sure is fun to pack 20 people in an 800 square foot house. My sister is an amazing chef and fixed fabulous stuffed squash. I would normally turn my nose up at such a thing. But oh my, y-u-u-mmmm, it was so very good! And then a homemade doughnut hot out of the grease, not much can get better than that. Unfortunately Xander was really grumpy. We didn't last long. He wasn't feeling 100% He threw up all over me during church...that's a fun story. I'm sure you really don't want the gory details though.
That's all for now. We're all partied out and need to take a break. We sure missed daddy being here. This is the second Halloween he has missed. It was really hard not being with him.
Only 17 more days and we will be together again!
As we come upon the busy holiday season remember to not get overwhelmed and take advice from two little boys...just chill...
(or Kaleb might be saying, "hey babe, what's up?")

Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Party Animals
Posted by Stevens Family at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
so cute. I think their costumes are fun. I did storebought too, way too much trouble plus I have to concentrate on Christmas projects lol...We are looking forward to seeing Jake this Saturday but wish you and the boys could be there too. I am glad to see you are being well loved by lots of family :D
Post a Comment