I've been having so much fun I haven't stopped to Blog about it.
Really, life hasn't changed much. We spend one week at one house and another at the other grandparents. Our schedule and daily everything has stayed pretty much the same.
Xander is learning to self-feed. I don't let him practice much. I don't have patience for the mess. I think I'll just spoon feed him until his wife can take over. ha ha ha
I decided to change my look. I think I'm backward since I cut all my hair off in time for winter to start. Aren't you supposed to do that in the summer? At least it will dry faster.Jake and I got the opportunity to go on a cruise with my fabulous, amazing, wonderful parents.
We had planned this trip before Jake and I had made plans to leave California. It still worked out great.
Grandma Stevens (and grandpa!) dealt with the boys for 10 days so we could enjoy this experience. Our first kid free vacation in 2 1/2 years and it couldn't have been better.
I didn't want to overwhelm you with pictures and make you too jealous. I'll pick just a couple of my favorites.
My parents and I left Utah on Thursday, staying overnight in Vegas.
The next day we got to CA and picked Jake up at his temporary home.
We drove straight to San Diego.
We got to attend a session at the temple. It was so gorgeous, and amazing, and a lot of other good adjectives.
Jake told me this has always been his favorite temple. He decided when he was younger he was going to get married here. His grandma talked him out of it. Told him it was too far a trip for the whole family.
We stayed overnight in San Diego and the next morning headed to the harbor to join 2,000 people (plus staff) aboard a cruise ship.
We spent two full days at sea.
The fourth day we woke up to the sun rising over Mazatlan, Mexico.
Jake and I went on a scary taxi ride. There are a lot of buses here. All of the drivers drive like bats out of you-know-where. The traffic rules aren't really rules at all, they are more like guidelines (to steal a favorite movie quote).The fifth day we spent in Puerta Vallarta. We had nowhere to be. We spent the day working hard. Meandering along the beach. Fending off the 20th person selling me a straw hat, fake silver jewelry, and other such necessities.
Our last port was our favorite. Jake and I spent the day by ourselves in Cabo San Lucas. The city is easiest to navigate in a water taxi. There are taxi's in abundance. There is someone in your face asking if you need a ride as you are stepping out of a taxi.
We hired a glass bottom boat to take us around to see the sites. We stopped to play for a bit at Playa del Amante (Lover's Beach). This is where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific ocean meet. The driver warned us about a cave on the beach. He said two people go in and three come out. We stayed as far away as we could! The water was so blue, and very warm. We could easily spend an entire week here.
The ship was amazing. Although the decorations were gaudy. I ate way too much food.
I enjoyed dressing up for the two formal nights. It's always fun to have an excuse to dress up.Jake bought a couple suits. He looked so good! You can all be jealous now :-)
I am so grateful for my parents in allowing us to spend this time with them. Thank you you for these memories and this great experience. Thank you especially to grandma and grandpa Stevens for playing mommy and daddy for 10 long days. I'm glad it wasn't too traumatic (most days).
I am so grateful for our families and how much they have taken care of us during this time of transition. Only 4 more weeks and you can be rid of us! Okay, more like 6 or 7 or 8, or so :-)
As I pulled my laundry warm from the dryer all I could think was, 'it sure is weird to be folding my shorts and swim suit as the snow is falling outside.'
Now as I freeze in Utah and especially Idaho I can remember and picture myself laying on a warm sunny beach in Mexico.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Daily Fun
Posted by Stevens Family at 7:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
aawww that looks like so much fun. We are currently planning our first kidless vacation for next year. I love your hair it is fabulous!!! I am glad you are having a good time. Is jake still here? Keep blogging so we know what you are up to :D
Post a Comment