Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not together, but here anyway

(sometimes you just need to ignore the chaos around you and get down and play)

It has been a really long week. We moved on Saturday. We are so grateful to those who helped us. I know it wasn't the easiest or most fun thing you could be doing on a Saturday, so, thank you. And to those who helped us haul everything into our new apartment, especially the fridge and other heavy furniture up 38 stairs - I'm sure you were sore and tired the next day...but, thank you. I am sitting here surrounded by chaos. We are busy cleaning our other place all week so I can't get away from chaos. We only have one car, so far it has been working out okay though. Jake comes to pick me up around 11-12 during his lunch break (about a 20-25 minute drive) He drops me off at the other apartment and I get to clean for the next 3-4 hours (yippee) One might think I could clean an entire apartment in that many hours. Oh no, productive and Kaleb do not go together in one sentence. I do feel bad for him though because this whole month has been one big upheaval for him. This week is especially bad since he normally goes to bed around 7:00(ish) and we haven't been getting home until 8:30-9:00...can I also mention that I am so sick of fast food. It will be nice to have a proper, put together kitchen again. They say this is the shortest month of the year, okay, the calendar proves it, but, it has been the longest month. We are all so worn out and exhausted.
On a better note. Kaleb has been sleeping better so far this week - only waking up 1-2 times, although those times happen to be around 2 and 5 am - which really is the most obnoxious time of the day. I'm glad he's doing slightly better (I hope I haven't jinxed it) some nights aren't as great - we still have screaming battles where we can't calm him down for anything and nothing seems to be the matter. Aaaah, parenting is the best job ever.
On that note. I had a doctor appointment on Monday and was surprised to realize it is already time for me to make the ultrasound appointment within the next 4 weeks. I don't even know how far along I am. With Kaleb I remember knowing down to the day. I'm sure I can blame it on the fact that this month has been an insanely busy one with lots of Kaleb battles in between. Sadly, this little baby is getting forgotten in a sense. I just realized that word might not have gotten around when we mentioned it a few months ago. We are expecting a baby due around August 20Th. This little surprise and Kaleb will be about 14 months apart - whoa - a little closer than we wanted or had planned, but, it will all be good and fun! Jake's sister Hailey is due about 3 weeks before so I'm excited that these little cousins will be so close in age. Now, hopefully Cam gets stationed closer to this side of the states so we can visit a lot.
We really like this new place so far. My complaints are the 38 stairs, and the bedrooms are quite a bit smaller (I love having to turn sideways to walk between the dresser and the bed)...but, with the money we are saving going from a two bedroom to a three bedroom is so worth it. I love that we have a room to get the office (and my crafty stuff) out of the living room, and perhaps curious little chubby fists.
We went to our new ward on Sunday and it's not bad so far. Every ward is different so I know you can't compare. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Plus, it helps that we have our great friends the Murray's in the ward with us. And can I say, their triplets are just the cutest babies ever! It was fun all sitting in a row with each one of us holding a baby. It amazes me every time I think about them and wonder, how do they juggle and deal with the constant chaos of three babies - but, what a fun household!
Tujunga is a nice city. It is a lot quieter and feels like you are out of the city. You know it's awesome when we were warned there is a mountain lion problem in the area so we needed to be aware of our surroundings. Everything is pretty much uphill so I get quite the power walk when I go for my morning walk with Kaleb.
Kaleb still isn't crawling. He seems so close, but just isn't quite there. He gets on all fours and rocks and will occasionally move his knees but then not his arms at the same time. He also gets up on his toes (with straight legs) and hands and tries to go that way more often than not (quite funny to see) He is still very mobile and manages to scoot and roll and sit up quite well. He has managed to stand up in his crib a few times...hope the crawling come first. He is still toothless...

(I call this his old man look. He has quite the habit of sucking on his top lip all the time. I need a better picture of it, it really is quite a funny looking thing to see)

He is also very vocal. He will tell you quite the stories if you sit with him long enough to listen.
Alright, Kaleb needs a nap and unpacking is calling to me (augh) I guess I should end this update and get on with life today.

3 Comments:

Tanya said...

We also want to see pics of your new place as soon as you get it put together. LoL, and when is the dinner party, he he he. We love you guys. Congrats again and you are so lucky to be so far along already. I hate the early stages for many different reasons.

Beth said...

Oh I feel so bad that you are pregnant and having to move and deal with another little one. I hope you are feeling okay. You are a great mom and if anyone can deal with two kids 14 months apart I believe it is you!!! Audrey misses her little buddy. Make sure you let us know whenever you are in the area and we can play!

Sarah Heder said...

I heard you were pregnant a LONG time ago, but I never heard it from you, so I never said anything. It's nice to know it's out in the open now. Congratulations! I can't imagine everything you're going through right now. You seem to be hanging in there really well. Can't wait to see what the new place looks like.