First things first - my sister-in-law Hailey tagged me to open my 4th folder and post the 4th picture in that folder...for those who need a definition of tagging - as Jake said - Tagging? Like spray painting? No - in blog and internet lingo - Tagging - To follow after or tagged to do something. Well, that's my interpretation anyway, I'm sure if you asked Webster he (she?) would have a lot of definitions of tagged. This is the not so exciting picture. This is a picture of Jake's dream dune buggy.
Now onto the world of us (doesn't that sound conceited?)
I have decided that I am really long winded - I apologize about that - I will try to be brief. I also realize I never have anything exciting to say, there never is much going on around here so you're stuck with just the thoughts of my rambling brain.
The fun this past week has been everyone being super tired. Kaleb hasn't been sleeping very well at night - only an hour (two if we're lucky) at a time. It was decided that he could no longer sleep all day - he would take several 30-45 min. naps a day. We set a scheduled 3 naps - that's it. He has only been sleeping 30 min. or so during those three naps - so there is a lot of tired screaming in between when I refuse to let him fall asleep until his next scheduled nap time. I haven't really seen an improvement yet at night. When he first went down the last few nights he's been sleeping 4-5 hours straight before waking up every hour after that - so - okay - there's some improvement there. Today, his first nap was an hour long, and he's still sleeping right now, 2 1/2 hours so far! This was with him being transitioned from church (he fell asleep in his carseat during church and I stuck him in a quiet room to sleep (the kitchen happens to work the best) If we can master sleeping better at night (and during the day) we are next going to work on falling asleep by himself, he has to be bounced to sleep, and frankly, he's getting too heavy, and my arms are tired of doing this, I think he needs to learn to sooth himself to sleep - sigh - I love parenting!
I was lying on the sofa at Jake's work one night with Kaleb snuggled in my arms asleep. I was breathing in his sweet scent (once you get past the sour milk smell) feeling his warm little body curled up against me, and I thought, it can't get any better than this. At 3 months I thought Kaleb was perfect-all smiles, crazy mohawk hair, and huge blue eyes. But I was wrong. It not only got better, I'm sure it will get better over and over again. Every week has had its special "this is so amazing" moments. I was trying to decided what the best age is. It was awesome when Kaleb started smiling, then he started cooing and laughing, what's next I wonder, I'm sure it can only get better. I can't wait for the clumsy toddler walk, or the tempermental two year old that will be bursting with curiosity, and seemingly a million questions (if he's anything like I've been told his dad was) Or perhaps the opinionated three year old that wants to do everything by himself, or what about the four year old that I'm sure will be tons of fun to hang out with because he'll be past constant temper tantrums (I hope) and he'll understand about taking turns, and more about the world around him. Once again, I caught myself thinking about next year, month, and week, waiting for this no sleeping stage to end. I caught myself thinking, it can't get any better than this. And it can't, until next week. I love every stage and age of growing Kaleb, parenting is frustrating, and tiring to boot, but, oh so fun!
Now, here's the pictures of the day - I couldn't decide on just one
Kaleb looks like quite the little man all ready for church - and check out Jake's facial hair, what do you think?
Sunday, October 12, 2008
My favorite age
Posted by Stevens Family at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Comments:
Ah, he's sitting up! Well, he is 3 months, that's about the time they want to sit up on their own.
I was wondering if you've tried the "burrito" wrap on Kaleb for going to sleep at night. I hate relying on things to get kids to sleep because I want them to do it on their own, but I also want to sleep. So, for awhile, we had to burrito wrap Tallulah and then we would put her in a swing and transition her to her bassinet/crib just before we went to bed (which means she would have been there in the swing for a few hours). We did this for a little bit and I was worried it might make her addicted to the swing, but eventually, we just stuck her in her crib (let her cry it out a little) and she would go to sleep.
I can't believe he is getting so big. He is getting cuter every time I see a picture of him. And he is sitting up. I hope he is still a baby when I get to meet him for the first time. Sorry about the tagging, I got it so I had to tag someone. I didn't know what it was either Jake, so you aren't alone. Love you guys!
He is getting so big! He's going to be such a big boy when I get to see him at Christmas time!
I think he looks exactly like you, facial expressions and all!
Is his hair getting redder now too or is that just the lighting?
I like the new facial hair, I think it looks good. Brad had facial hair like that a few years ago and I liked it a lot but he had to cut it for school and hasn't grown it out again since then.
I LOVE Kalebs crazy blue eyes!
I'm so jealous! I want a blue eyed baby so bad!
Don't get me wrong, I love my little girl's brown eyes too, but there is something so stunning about bright blue eyes!
Maybe my little boy will get blue eyes from me and bypass Brad's dominant genes.
love his beautiful blue eyes!
I love Kaleb. We miss him. Sabine saw his picture sitting up as she started smiling really big and laughed.
I can't believe how big he is getting! We love Kaleb! :)
Post a Comment