Before I became a mother I never knew...
~Poo is projectile and I would be finding it weeks later in odd places (the back of the rocking chair next to the dresser where we change Kaleb) Come to think about it, everything about a baby is projectile...spit up, pee, babies themselves...one minutes he's calmly sitting in my lap the next he's trying to launch himself on the floor.
~I would be cleaning poo out of my sons hair, instead of just changing a diaper
~I could love such a little person this much, even when he's inconsolable before sunrise
~I could go from 2 loads of laundry to 4. His clothes are so tiny - there's no way! Didn't take into account a reflux baby with lots of dirty burp cloths and blankets
~what a luxury it was to sleep 10 hours straight
~Spit up stains everything
~As prepared as you think you are, you are totally not prepared
~I would rarely wear a clean clothes anymore (there's something about clean clothes, it's just asking to be spit up on...kind of like a new windshield taunting those rocks)
~How much time I really had before I had Kaleb
~How much love and joy a baby can bring into a house
~That little accomplishments could make me cry
~How quickly I would stop thinking about myself and my whole mind would revolve around Kaleb
~That kids are ALWAYS early risers (no matter what time they go to bed)
~How many people it would take just to trim 10 tiny toenails and 10 tiny fingernails
~What funny faces babies make in their sleep
~I could memorize so many books or songs
~That every mom has had almost the exact same experience as every other mom.
~That after kids, conversations with adults would somehow always revolve around poopy diapers, spit up and tantrums!
~I would discover goobers all over my shirt and I'd just shrug my shoulders and keep shopping.
~How much more I could love Jacob since he gave me Kaleb
Before I became a father I never knew...
~How cool it is to be a father.
~That I would could love Kristen so much more.
~How much disarray and chaos a baby could bring into a house.
~How much fun it is to make stupid faces and noises to get a smile from my boy.
~How quickly you can go from upset to giddy.
~How well you can actually function on very little sleep.
~Changing diapers could be somewhat enjoyable.
~How fantastic it is to see my son smile at me when he wakes up.
~That babies could poop this much.
~That babies could puke this much.
~How fascinated I am with my son's hands and feet.
~How scared and excited I am for the future.
And now back to the world of Kaleb:
This is two of Kaleb's favorite things right now. This saucer thing that he sits/stands in and chewing on that crab. In fact...Kaleb loves anything that he can get in his mouth (especially fingers). He has turned into quite the slobber child so I've resorted to putting a bib on him because I'm sick of always changing his soaking wet clothes!
Kaleb is getting really good at grasping and holding, and getting things to his mouth. Occasionally he can even take his Binky out and manage to get it back in his mouth.
He is quite the talker and is always babbling to whoever will listen, or his toys, the particles of dust, or the birds outside or his favorite audience. He loves the fan over our dining room table and stares and smiles at it, even if it's not on.
He is starting to laugh a little more each day, although we still have to coax it out of him most of the time, usually with some of his favorite fun songs like "Pop Goes the Weasel", "Popcorn Popping", and other ones that Jake seems to pull out of his head from who knows where, like "18 Wheels on a Big Rig"
He is still a pretty mellow baby and only really screams when he's tired or when he's hungry, and when he's hungry he wants food that split second, he can be very demanding! Oh the joy of just finishing up sacrament meeting, I only need at the most 1 more minute. Kaleb is all smiles and cooing, when out of the blue, no warning he lets loose with a scream like no other. As I'm trying to shove a useless Binky in his mouth and climb over people (how did I get stuck in the middle of a row?) and may a bee-line for the door, I have to laugh, (as I'm ducking my head, why me?) when he wants food - he wants it now! I must admit, it will be nice when we can just shove a few cheerios in his mouth to bide some time.
I love watching the new things Kaleb discovers everyday, he is so fun! (and funny)
2 Comments:
Kristen, I loved hearing all your tidbits about being a mom because you're right . . . we can ALL relate to every single one of those things you shared. All of them are so true!
Right on. Motherhood...and fatherhood are filled with I never knews and now we do :)
Post a Comment