Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hoppity-Hop

April is one of my favorite months. I love the promise of warmer weather on the horizon and spring is my favorite season; not too hot and not too cold.
Evelyn decided she was going to walk. She spent and entire day stumbling and falling down. She would tumble and get right back up. She was a very determined girl. It was great amusement to watch her.

Of course, one of the most fun days in April is Easter.
My favorite holiday is Easter. Springtime to me is a symbol of the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I get a happy feeling of renewal and joy whenever I think about Easter because, to me, it's a holiday that's full of hope and light. That's what I feel like Easter is all about; hope.
The atonement of Jesus Christ offers us hope. As much as I love Christmas, I think Easter is even better because without the resurrection, there wouldn't even be a reason to celebrate the Savior's birth. But because Jesus Christ accomplished the atonement and overcame death, Easter happened, and life is full of miracles! We have the miracle of forgiveness, of overcoming our weaknesses and shortcomings, of becoming completely cleansed from our sins and of returning to live with Heavenly Father and with our families forever. Just thinking about it is refreshing and motivating for me. What greater miracle could we ask for that the atonement of Jesus Christ? I think that's definitely worth celebrating.
I also feel like the greatest reminder of the real meaning of Easter is the flowers blossoming, birds chirping, babies being born, and the frozen world turning warm and alive and colorful again; a symbol of the possibility that our "frozen" lives can be transformed by the empowering influence of the atonement in our lives.
Hooray for Easter!
We try to teach the kids the best and real reason why we celebrate Easter but we still like to have fun. We were able to get the kids their first bikes. I was so excited for them.
We also gave each kid one small treat:
I love living closer to family. We were able to drive a few hours South to spend the 2nd half of the day with lots of family. Grandma had an Easter egg hunt for the kids:
 
I am so grateful the kids will have these cherished memories of a families love:

0 Comments: