Wednesday, August 21, 2013

He is Risen

It may seem I'm a few months off with the holidays and seasons. To a child especially, these stories are important to share year round.
I again found myself caught off guard by Alexander and the way a child's mind works. Yesterday evening he walks up and asks me;
"has it been three days?"
what are you talking about?
"you know, three days and we'll go see Eliza."
I'm still confused here
"Like Jesus and the stone room"
oh wow. When did he last hear the story of the resurrection? Why would he suddenly recall said story and apply it to his baby cousin?
Daddy quickly pulled our book of church pictures, pulled Alexander onto his lap and explained the story of Jesus and the resurrection.
Although we will have to wait longer than three days to see Eliza again, I am grateful to know; yes, we will for sure see her again. She will be leading us and guiding us until we can again give her a big hug in Heaven. I wish it only had to be three days but the time will go by quicker than we realize. Soon we will be reunited.

0 Comments: