I need to get these pictures posted before this weekend. We're having a party for Breahna's birthday and I know I will be taking a lot of pictures that I will want to write about.
Random: Came across this picture on my phone; poor Kaleb at the doctors because he was sick. Had an infection of some sort.
End of May is a big deal in this family. If we could only see family once a year, Jake would choose Memorial Day over any other holiday.
The weekend starts out with a big BBQ for all his maternal grandpa's family.
This year we got a hotel room for Sunday night. The boys enjoyed lots of bed jumping and pillow fights. And we all enjoyed a swim first thing in the morning. I believe this was Breahna's first time swimming. She didn't really enjoy it. The water was a bit chilly, she hate's anything cold.
Monday, Memorial Day, his family drives around to all the cemeteries where family and friends are buried and leave a potted flower in remembrance. It's a lot of driving and boredom for the kids so Jake only visits the most important one.At noon the family gathers again at Tony's Pizzeria to enjoy lunch:
I have to show the full picture of this one. It's really funny when you spot what a certain sneaky girl is doing:
It's never enough time with family but it's always nice to get home to our own routine and space
Alexander had a really rough week. On Monday he and Kaleb didn't listen when I told them to wait until I got in the pool, then they could jump to me. They both went over the edge and quickly sunk to the bottom. Thankfully I was right there to grab them.
Tuesday, Alexander was running across the road and fell. He skidded, which resulted in road rash from his knees to his forehead.
Wednesday was my fault;
I'm going to let you in on a really bad parenting moment. Yes, I am going to share this with not only my family and friends, but with the world. It started out as a rough day. Everyone, including mom, woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The kids were all whiny, not listening, and freaking out about everything. I try really hard to not raise my voice or let my emotions dictate my actions. This can be tough sometimes! I don't know why, with all three kids having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, I still decided I could drag them to the store. I'll spare you the details but our trip ended with me leaving a full cart in the middle of an aisle and me hauling three kids out like a linebacker spotting his opening. The short 2 mile ride home had me wanting to toss a certain kid out the window. I screeched to a stop in front of our apartment, grabbed Alexander and hauled him in the house. I threw him on his bed and told him to stay there while I grabbed his sister out of the car. As I came back to the door with baby I heard Alexander trying to open it. I was so frustrated and emotionally compromised my first instinct won out. I kicked the door open, thinking to scare him and let him know I was really unhappy with him. I was met with an earsplitting scream of pain. It's amazing how fast anger can melt away and you just drop to your knees cradling this little boy; "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I acted like that"
I knew this cut was a bit more and required immediate action. I took the other kids to a neighbors and rushed Alexander to the ER:
He was a trooper. The doctor didn't have to sedate him to get the 4 stitches in. He just laid there very curious about everything the doctor was doing.
Who knew a doorknob could be so deadly!6 days later we were back in the ER for stitch removal. Now there is a nice scar which serves as a reminder to not let my emotions dictate my actions.
It's amazing how quickly children forgive and forget.
Life goes on:
We received our monthly church magazines in the mail. Among them is The Friend. This magazine is specifically for primary aged children. On the back of the magazine they have a section for kids to submit photos they've taken that showcase how Heavenly Father blesses their life. Earlier this year I submitted one of Alexander's pictures. Our June issue showed up, and there on the back was a familiar face. It made up for Alexander's rough week:
Breahna doesn't like books. She doesn't like to be read to, doesn't like them, period. Last week she came to me with a book in her hand and a huge grin. Holding the book out to me she began to babble excitedly. You want me to read to you? We have read Doggies over, and over, and over again. She carries the book around and just sits and stares at the pages. I'm not sure why she fell in love with this particular one, but, YEAH! I'll take what I can get. I love books and reading to the kids. I hope they can also learn to love reading.
Our local park has again turned on the splash park and carousel - yeah! Always nice to have this free entertainment right next door. The carousel does charge $1 a person or you can buy a book of rides for quite a bit less.
Breahna loved her first ride. She didn't want to get off. Her brothers on the other hand, sat on a stationary bench with their hands clasped tight over their ears:
I really should put all these pictures in one collage ... nah ... I'm too tired and lazy.This is a crazy busy week for us. We have a lot of activities going on, including celebrating this girls 1st birthday! I swear she was just born!
A car door got left open after church. Hoping we can get the battery running again (we've already tried having a neighbor jump it). Or we are going to be doing a lot of walking this week. Walking 2 miles to the store isn't bad. Except, I was pushing a double stroller and had a 1 year old on my back and it was nearly 90 degrees. But, we needed milk, bread, eggs, cheese, and donuts, you know, the essentials.
I'll be updating soon with birthday pictures! I have been preparing for weeks for this party, I am super excited for all the cuteness and fun.






























0 Comments:
Post a Comment