The stockings are hung with care and the home is decked with bright festivities. The holidays are well on their way and so is the end of 2012. Can't believe we're already almost 1/2 way through December!
The end of the semester is also quickly upon us. Jake is finishing up his final papers and tests. And the boys finished preschool. Their class had a final program. Jake and I were able to go see this fun program.
The kids sang a few songs:
Alexander participated in Five Little Ducks. He was a great duck
I was very surprised Kaleb participated in his song Five Little Ducks. Kaleb usually likes to just watch but he jumped right into the pool with the other little ducks ... even if he wouldn't wear the hat.
The kids did such a good job with their songs. We then got to watch a video of all the preschool happenings through the semester. I'm grateful the boys were able to have this experience. They have grown and learned so much this semester in preschool.
Friday we had our church Christmas party. I tried a new recipe and made pumpkin cinnamon pull apart bread with vanilla glaze. It was so yummy. I want to make some as regular loves for making french toast.
Halfway through letting the dough rise I realized I need a bigger mixing bowl:
we had fun at the party, enjoyed lots of good food (Jake refused to be Santa again)
Breahna was being such a happy trooper:
The next day I got to host a girls luncheon for a friend who's moving across countryI made a few simple decorations that turned out pretty fun:
I cut up an old atlas we had. Who uses atlases anymore when there's GPS?
I sent Jake and the boys to McDonalds to play and to be out of my hair. While they were out they stopped at KMart and randomly ran into the boys hero:
Darth Vader was collecting Toys for Tots. The boys were excited to buy a couple MatchBox cars to give to him. I guess the boys were apprehensive and Alexander was bugged Vader didn't want to fight. What a fun surprise for them!Lots of things are ending but can't wait for all those things that will soon beginning.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment