Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday and Blessings

This is unrelated to much of anything. It was crazy looking to me so I had to share. I spilled some oatmeal right on top of my feet.
As a side story. I dropped a hot pan on the rug, it burned a perfect circle that you can just barely see in the top corner. Whenever the boys run by they yell "circle!" Yes, thank you for reminding me of that, again.


We enjoyed a final summer weekend in Utah with family.
We stopped at a BBQ place for lunch on our way. I knew right away, it would be good. Usually the ma and pa places are.

Our sweet Alexander turned two on Friday the 2nd. I think back on the last two years and I have to laugh. I still remember my dismay when I found out we were expecting again. I remember calling my sister Shawna and crying, screaming about how mad I was, how this ruined our plans. She was so excited for us, told us how blessed we were. It woke me up and helped me calm down. We weren't expecting Kaleb and Alexander to be so close in age. Soon as he showed up we wouldn't have had it any other way. I guess he was ready to step into the world and move ahead. The nine months waiting for his arrival were hard ones. The months after he came were even harder. Even in those months a little ray of sunshine filled our lives in countless ways.
We spent a quite birthday not doing much of anything. We didn't even really tell him it was his special day. I don't think he would have cared anyway.
Grandma brought out bowls and turned on the sprinklers. It was a huge hit.
Aunt Hannah and Shawna got some Playdough icecream for Alexander. He loved it! It works well to also tie-dye clothes.
Sunday we got to attend my sister Shawna and brother-in-law Matt's ward. Matt's Dad blessed their little girl Penelope. We all filled up their new house after church for food, laughter, and war over clothes.
Kaleb is Jake's son through-and-through. Upon realizing he wasn't around I went on the hunt. Found him in an upstairs in a quiet room by himself.
Beautiful Penny and her mama
My sister Laurel with Penny. Laurel and her husband Klaus live in Austria. It's great to see them once a year.
All the Scofield girls were in attendance.

Monday we had Alexander's party and told him he was two. I tried to teach him to hold up two fingers and say "I am two" It worked fairly well. He holds one finger up on each hand.
Grandma brought out a small pool and filled it up with warm water.
Kaleb wanted nothing to do with it. I think it was mostly that he didn't want to change into a swim diaper and take off his clothes. By the end of the evening, he was laying in it, clothes and all.
Enjoyed a BBQ with Jake's family.
I went the simple route with Alexander's cake. I found an edible image online. Made a sheet cake, slapped it on. Perfect, good enough for eating.
Jake found an electric train for the boys. Funny how although it's Alexander's birthday both boys need presents. I wonder when they are old enough to realize it's not their day, they don't get anything special.
The boys had fun opening more presents. Motorcycles, cars, and
a Magnadoodle from Uncle Dan and Aunt Hannah...this was a huge hit.

We are grateful for our family. For their love and all they do for us. See you in a few month!

1 Comments:

Anne/kq said...

I think I have started a cake trend! You are my fourth friend to do that since I did, lol!

I remember when Xander was born, and was so teeny that he needed preemie dipes the first weekend! That was the first and probably will be the only time I bought preemie diapers for anything...