I used to think it was annoying you couldn't buy a cell phone that only did one thing, call another phone, or receive calls.
Now I realize why I am grateful for cell phones. These pictures sure aren't the greatest but I am grateful to have them. And it's nice to be ready at a moments notice with a camera.
I found this one on Jake's phone.
Kaleb had the best natural Mohawk! It's crazy how fast he has grown! I can't believe I have a 2 year old (almost).
I'm not sure if these pictures were this past week - if it was it was early in the week.
We were at the park. It was a fairly cool, cloudy, and breezy day. I would say low 60's. The sprinklers came on and before we could blink Kaleb was full out running into the sprinklers. He was playing games with them and just staying out of the direct wash. It was so funny to watch.
This is just the average day of hanging out.
All Xander wanted to do was eat the phone...or he's telling me off about something.
He still only has his two bottom teeth but has been teething for 6 months. This kid drools, a lot.
Jake's favorite computer game - WOW (World of Warcraft) is a family favorite. See, we spend time together as a family! :-)
Xander is growing so quickly. He still only crawls army style with his belly flat on the floor dragging himself along with his forearms. He is fast and it works for him. It sure doesn't work for the tummy portions of his shirts though. They are all so worn out and black.
He has been pulling himself up and taking a few uneasy steps along the couch. And a few goose steps as we hold on to his hands.
The other picture is Xander stuck under the table chair. I am mean and had to laugh at him before I rescued him. How did he get his head under there?
This past Friday we went out to eat for a special father's day dinner for Jake. He chose Famous Dave's Bar-B-Q. It's a good 30 or 40 min drive so when we got there and were told the wait would be at least 45 minutes there was nothing else to do but wait...I hate waiting.
It was worth it in the end. It really made the night long though. The boys were asleep before we got home.
Xander made sure Jake's rib bones were thoroughly cleaned off.
The next day, Saturday, was beach day. We plan on getting a lot of beach time in this summer. Both boys love it. Kaleb way more than Xander though. Kaleb loves the water most of all and really wants Jake to let go of him so he can dive right in. Xander really dislikes the ocean and wants to be as far away from the water as possible.
We met some members of the ward at the beach. There was a plan for a bonfire. We didn't realize they weren't starting that until it got dark. We didn't have dinner for the kids so we had to pack up and leave before the real fun began. But, the boys still loved it. And loved being by a firepit so they could play with all the bits of charcoal.Being in CA there is a lot of movie advertising. Practically every building is used with huge building sized posters, billboards dot the streets, and the advertising even adorns the garbage cans.
This is the first time I've ever seen Kaleb acknowledge a movie character. He doesn't watch movies that often! He was so excited when he spotted Woody on the garbage can next to us. After staring at it for a while he resorted to throwing sand at the can.
A very happy Father's Day to all the special men in my life.
My own father - thank you for sticking it out to kid number 8 - I love being a part of the family! My father is an amazing man. He is very quiet and may seem scary at times but he has a sense of humor that pops out and surprises you. He has taught me so much. I know I wouldn't be half of who I am if it weren't for his loving patience, guidance, and example. He was an entrepreneur as long as I can remember. It started with the pool business. I remember going to work with my dad sometimes. I would sit behind his desk with a bag of toys, at times I would strip down to my underwear and get to test out the spas in the showroom. My dad has always worked so hard to raise and support our large family. He has truly taught me the importance of hard work and working for the things you want in life.
My Dad has taught me a love for reading and learning. He taught me a love for the outdoors and getting dirty. He has taught me that the greatest thing a (woman) man can do for their children is to love their (father) mother. I am grateful for my mom and dads example of a perfect marriage. I know things weren't always perfect, but you made it seem that way. I'm sure things weren't always as easy going as it seemed but I am grateful for their example of how to stick it out and work through the tough times.
My dad has especially taught me a love for this gospel. I will forever be grateful I was raised in the church. I am grateful for both my parents who guided me until I could make it on my own.
Thank you dad for all you have done!
Jake - I will never fully understand why I am so blessed to be your wife. Sometimes I think, wow, what did I do to deserve this amazing man? The one who is willing to stand by me for eternity. That's a long time to be stuck with me!
I am so grateful for all your hard work. Thank you for allowing me to be a stay at home mom. Thank you for always taking care of our needs and supporting us. I am so grateful to have you by my side as we travel these roads of life together. Thank you for your testimony of this gospel. It is an anchor in my life and such a blessing to have such a strong support system.
I know the greatest gift I have ever given Kaleb and Alexander was given to them before they were even born. I chose Jake to be their dad.
Thank you for being such an amazing dad. Thank you for all your hands on help. I love the boys excited laughter when you walk in the room. As they throw their arms in the air looking for one more tickle. Today as you were skipping down the road with Xander perched up on your shoulders, I couldn't help but smile. Oh we are so blessed. I love you!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
I love technology
Posted by Stevens Family at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
cute pics. that is funny about woody. my kids love woody no doubt. so I get it!!
Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Don't be afraid to try it with your kids - I did the letters last year too (with my nearly one year old) ... it's a good idea at that age to use foam letters. She chewed on them a lot. :) The pictures turned out great though! I plan on doing it every year!
Post a Comment