I realize we haven't updated in awhile. That is due to a few reasons. We have no news, everything is same ol' same ol'. One of the biggest reasons is that I lost our camera (yes, the new one we just bought when Kaleb was born)
To me, a blog is mostly about pictures, I know it's words also, but, the pictures are what tell the story, and show the fun memories.
This past week we were in Utah for Jake's brother Daniel and (WIFE!) Hannah's wedding. I grabbed my old school 35mm film camera so I could make sure I captured some pictures. The day after the wedding I went to WalMart to get 1 hour developing and the pictures put on CD so I could upload some on my blog, and give the pictures to the new husband and wife. I was told WalMart doesn't do film in store anymore, they could send it out, it would take a week. WHAT!? Film isn't that outdated! I realize other stores deal primarily with film and I guess I'll have to go there sometime this week, but, I was trying to avoid those pricier options. On a side note, I had a roll of film already in my camera that was seriously from at least 4 years ago, tells how often I use my film camera anymore, huh? It will be a surprise to see what pictures I have on that roll of film. Although I exposed the pictures by being silly and popping open the back of my camera before if was rewound...don't you hate it when that happens?
Pictures will come later to showcase the beautiful wedding event.
It was a lot of fun. I love being in the temple as a couple gets married for eternity. It reminds me what an amazing blessing it is. And how lucky I am to be stuck with Jake forever! To hear those words again, those covenants that Jake and I made really helps you see life in a new light and makes you vow to do better, and be nicer tomorrow. It really strengthened my faith and made me look around me and realize what I have. I love sitting in the temple with family surrounding you, kind of makes you feel like it's a glimpse of how heaven will be. Congratulations again to Daniel and Hannah - I'm so glad we could be there to help you celebrate...(thank you mom and dad)
We flew back home Saturday night.
Hailey and Raygan (as far as I know) left on Monday to start the long drive to Tennessee. I hope their travels go well. It was so fun to see Hailey. I'm glad Kaleb could finally meet Aunt Hailey. I hope he can see Uncle Cameron real soon. From the few phone calls Hailey has recieved from him he is doing well in boot camp, exhausted, but, they feed him well.
A huge thank you to my sister Shawna and her husband Matt...we came home from Utah with their old camera. I think it's really an excuse for them to buy a new one, but, thank you. We look forward to the memories we'll capture with it this year.
This is our first one...well, a video...
This is Kaleb's newest developing talent. It may be boring to some, but a mother is prideful of every little new thing their baby learns how to do. (I'm sure fathers also)
He is really good at push-ups. He wants to crawl so bad but always ends up going backwards instead...which seems to frustrate him at times when that toy is in front of him, just out of his reach, and just keeps getting further away...reeeaaach
It's amazing how quickly he went from staying where I put him to being mobile, and getting stuck under the weirdest things, in the weirdest positions. When you go get him out of his crib you never know how he'll be sleeping. Half the time I wonder "you slept all weird like that!?" I wonder if babies wake up with a crink in their joints from sleeping in odd positions. He is so talkative and loves any food he can get in his mouth, and some things not food (his socks are a favorite)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
No News is Good News
Posted by Stevens Family at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Comments:
He looks like he'll be crawling in no time! How cute!
I love your picture of the fam on the top. Aren't you guys a cute family. I am glad you are back from all your trips to Utah.
Soooo cute. I'm glad I got to witness the push ups in person last week. He's such a good boy.
Post a Comment