Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Salvaged Day

Wow - two posts within 48 hours - amazing I know.
So, this day started out pretty rotten. There were set plans that all fell through. Jake was supposed to go home teaching (taking around the bread I stayed up until 1AM re-making) When he got home we had some people lined up to hang out with Kaleb while we went to the temple (been a long time, it's harder to do such things when you can't just up and go) I was, we both were, really needing the mental and physical recharge.
Jake gets a call about 8AM that things came up at work last night, blah blah blah. Jake was needed to fix stuff ASAP - needless to say, we were both really upset. Jake went in to work thinking he would be back in time so we could still go to the temple. Ha-ha-ha-things always take longer and are more complicated than originally assumed.
On a side note...I am always amazed how in-tune babies and children are to others emotions. I'm not one that cries very easily. I was just having a bad day...part of it might have been exhaustion since Kaleb decided the night before that I wanted to be up every hour. Jake called to say it was going to be an all day project after all. I just sat down on the couch and let it all out. I was holding Kaleb, he leaned back, stared at me so intently, then just placed his little hand on my cheek. He stayed like that for at least a good 5 minutes. Thanks for the comfort Kaleb, I guess it won't be so bad hanging out with you all day.
When Jake got home he had a brilliant plan...a family outing, we'll still make it to the temple, but, we'll take Kaleb also, his first time actually.

First we randomly stopped here...it smelled good...and it tasted good so we weren't disappointed. We shared a sandwich called 'The Mean One' - it had a lot of everything on it - and had really yummy sauce.


Our original stopping spot came next...an inexpensive but divinely yummy treat. Who can beat $1.50 for your choice of two homemade cookies, and a scoop of ice cream between.
It's a good thing we don't live closer, because I think we would frequent this place far more often than we should...(don't I look really excited to be eating my peanut butter and chocolate white chunk cookie with cookie dough ice-cream?)
Next came this place...thanks Auntie Shawna Willits for Kaleb's fabulous hat (mine too for that matter)
We got to see this...
all lit up with tons of...

Kaleb couldn't crane his head far enough or fast enough to see everything - he was so excited (until he got tired and super whiny)
So-okay - I'll admit - it ended up being a really fun day after all.

2 Comments:

Beth said...

I think I need some of that homemade cinnamon bread - Yum :)

Tanya said...

I am glad you guys ended up having fun. I wish I could have helped you all out. we are such bummers for the last almost 2 weeks with these dumb coughs.